Masan Jungang FC upsets ‘defending champions’ FC SAHA 2-1…joins Cheongnyonggi in quarterfinals

Masan Jungang FC U15 of Gyeongnam advanced to the quarterfinals of the Cheongnyonggi Football Tournament with a dramatic upset win over defending champion Busan FC SAHA U15. Gyeongnam Goseong FC U15, Jeonbuk Wanju FC U15, and Seoul Gaewon Jungang FC U15 are also in the quarterfinals.

The quarterfinals of the 60th Cheongnyonggi National Middle School Football Tournament, which determines the strongest middle school soccer team in Korea, were held on the 11th at Sports Park 3-4 in Goseong-gun, Gyeongnam. With four of the eight quarterfinalists having been selected through the group stage final on the 9th and the main draw on the 10th, the eight teams were divided into four groups to compete for the four remaining tickets.

Masan Jungang FC, who finished second in Group 1, pulled off a dramatic upset against defending champions FC SAHA, who topped Group 6, with two late goals. FC SAHA led for most of the game before falling short in the final three minutes.

FC SAHA struck first in the 13th minute. From a corner kick, Kwon Sung-min sent in a kick that Park Chan-sol finished with a header. With a 1-0 lead, FC SAHA gained an advantage in the 20th minute when a defender was sent off. FC SAHA’s Ban Yun-eun had a solo opportunity to beat the defender, but Masan Jungang FC defender Kim Gyu-jin committed a foul by pulling his clothes. The referee immediately showed a red card.

Masan Jungang FC turned a crisis into an opportunity. With one man down, a great counterattack unfolded. In the 32nd minute of the second half, Masan Jungang FC’s Koo Nam-heon won a back-tackle foul on FA SAHA just before breaking through in front of the penalty area. The kicker, Cha Hyung-jin, sent an exquisite free kick through the defense and into the net.

With the score tied at 1-1, Masan Jungang FC scored a dramatic comeback goal shortly after. Sensing that the opponent’s goalkeeper was advancing, Masan Jungang FC’s Koo Nam-heon fired a long-range shot from near the center line, and the ball went over the goalkeeper’s key and into the goal. It was a theater goal. Down 2-1, Masan Jungang FC withstood FC SAHA’s offense in stoppage time to pull off a dramatic upset and advance to the quarterfinals.

Goseong FC, who topped Group 5, punched their ticket to the quarterfinals with a 1-0 win over Gyeongnam Changnyeong FC, who finished second in Group 4. After a scoreless first half, the game was decided by a theatrical goal in second-half stoppage time. In the first minute of second-half stoppage time, Kang Jung-woo headed home a corner kick from Jeong Hee-jeong of Goseong FC to secure a dramatic 1-0 victory.

Group 5 runner-up Wanju FC advanced to the quarterfinals with a 2-0 win over Group 2 runner-up Busan Gangseo FC. Lee Yong-hyun led the way with a multi-goal performance. Lee Yong-hyun opened the scoring in the 27th minute after receiving a sharp penetrating pass from Kim Sung-hyun and firing a left-footed shot past two Gangseo FC defenders in the penalty area. In the 19th minute of the second half, after receiving an aerial ball and breaking through alone, he scored a wedge goal with a right-footed shot.

Group 3 runner-up Gae Won-joong punching their ticket to the quarterfinals with a hard-fought victory over Group 6 runner-up Kwang Hee-jung in a penalty shootout. After a 0-0 first half, Gae Won Joong conceded the first goal in the 13th minute of the second half due to an unfortunate mistake by the goalkeeper. Kwang Hee-jung kicked a long ball from near the centerline, but goalkeeper Son Ji-myung missed it while trying to catch it. Kwang Hee-joong Kwak Min-seok took advantage of the gap to catch the ball and kick it with his right foot to take the lead.

Down 0-1, Gaea Wonjoong dramatically equalized just before the end of regulation time in the second half. From 25 meters out, Lee unleashed a thunderous mid-range shot that found the top corner of the net.온라인바카라

With the score tied at 1-1 through second-half stoppage time, the teams went into penalty kicks. In the opening minutes, goalkeeper Son Ji-Myung saved two shots from the opposition to secure a 4-2 victory in penalty kicks. After conceding the first goal due to a mistake, the goalkeeper made a rebound from hell to heaven with a “fireworks save” in the penalty shootout.

The quarterfinals of the tournament will be held at 3-4 Goseong-gun Sports Park from 6 p.m. on the 13th. Jeonnam Suncheon FC U15-Goseong FC, Busan Haeundae FC U15-Wanju FC, Gyeongnam Treasure Island Namhae Sports Club U15-Masan Jungang FC, and Seoul Dunchon Jung-Gaewon Jung will face off in the quarterfinals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *